Malaysian producer announces local PP, PE prices for Sept
A distributor attributed the producer’s divergent pricing policies on their new offers to the fact that the PP market is declining at a faster rate when compared to PE. “The local producer determined their new prices based on the current ringgit-dollar parity. Demand remains weak and we are not feeling optimistic for the near term,” he commented.
The producer’s September PE prices reportedly stand at MYR5310/ton ($1274/ton) for LDPE and LLDPE film, at MYR5450/ton ($1308/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5200/ton ($1248/ton) for HDPE film and at MYR5330/ton ($1279/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PP, the producer’s new prices stand at MYR5000/ton ($1200/ton) for block copolymer injection and at MYR4660/ton ($1118/ton) for raffia and injection with the same terms. Meanwhile, according to a distributor, the producer offers September shipment homo-PP film at MYR4750/ton ($1145/ton) on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets