Malaysian producer announces local PP, PE prices for Sept
A distributor attributed the producer’s divergent pricing policies on their new offers to the fact that the PP market is declining at a faster rate when compared to PE. “The local producer determined their new prices based on the current ringgit-dollar parity. Demand remains weak and we are not feeling optimistic for the near term,” he commented.
The producer’s September PE prices reportedly stand at MYR5310/ton ($1274/ton) for LDPE and LLDPE film, at MYR5450/ton ($1308/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5200/ton ($1248/ton) for HDPE film and at MYR5330/ton ($1279/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PP, the producer’s new prices stand at MYR5000/ton ($1200/ton) for block copolymer injection and at MYR4660/ton ($1118/ton) for raffia and injection with the same terms. Meanwhile, according to a distributor, the producer offers September shipment homo-PP film at MYR4750/ton ($1145/ton) on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs