Malaysian producer announces local PP, PE prices for Sept
A distributor attributed the producer’s divergent pricing policies on their new offers to the fact that the PP market is declining at a faster rate when compared to PE. “The local producer determined their new prices based on the current ringgit-dollar parity. Demand remains weak and we are not feeling optimistic for the near term,” he commented.
The producer’s September PE prices reportedly stand at MYR5310/ton ($1274/ton) for LDPE and LLDPE film, at MYR5450/ton ($1308/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5200/ton ($1248/ton) for HDPE film and at MYR5330/ton ($1279/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PP, the producer’s new prices stand at MYR5000/ton ($1200/ton) for block copolymer injection and at MYR4660/ton ($1118/ton) for raffia and injection with the same terms. Meanwhile, according to a distributor, the producer offers September shipment homo-PP film at MYR4750/ton ($1145/ton) on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China