Malaysian producer cuts local PP, PE prices for Dec
The producer’s December PE prices stand at MRY5160/ton ($1216/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5410/ton ($1275/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5300/ton ($1249/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, at MYR5120/ton ($1206/ton) for HDPE film and at MYR5190/ton ($1223/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and injection, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
For PP, the producer’s prices stand at MYR4190/ton ($987/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR4340-4390/ton ($1022-1034/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
A converter who received these offers from the producer commented, “Demand remains weak in Malaysia in line with the ongoing depreciation of the ringgit against the dollar. We are planning to secure our regular quantities for December.”
Another converter also stated, “We believe that prices still have room for additional decreases for the coming term. Hence, we are cautiously purchasing according to our immediate needs nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike