Malaysian producer cuts local PP, PE prices for Dec
The producer’s December PE prices stand at MRY5160/ton ($1216/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5410/ton ($1275/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5300/ton ($1249/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, at MYR5120/ton ($1206/ton) for HDPE film and at MYR5190/ton ($1223/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and injection, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
For PP, the producer’s prices stand at MYR4190/ton ($987/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR4340-4390/ton ($1022-1034/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
A converter who received these offers from the producer commented, “Demand remains weak in Malaysia in line with the ongoing depreciation of the ringgit against the dollar. We are planning to secure our regular quantities for December.”
Another converter also stated, “We believe that prices still have room for additional decreases for the coming term. Hence, we are cautiously purchasing according to our immediate needs nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed