Malaysian producer lifts local PP, PE prices for Oct
A distributor said that the producer’s October quotas are limited while they are not offering any LLDPE film at the moment.
A buyer stated, “We believe that the producer elected to raise their prices due to the depreciation of the Malaysian ringgit against the US dollar.” A second converter commented, “We are now waiting to hear another local producer’s October PP and PE announcements. We have not decided on the amount of our next purchase yet as we may order more than our regular purchase amounts due to the possibility that prices may witness additional increases in the near term given the depreciating local currency.”
The producer’s October PE prices stand at MRY5490/ton ($1247/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5450/ton ($1238/ton) for LDPE injection and HDPE film and at MYR5580/ton ($1267/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PP, the producer’s prices stand at MYR4820/ton ($1092/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia and at MYR4970/ton ($1126/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Malaysia, 30/60 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia