Malaysian producer lifts local PP, PE prices for Oct
A distributor said that the producer’s October quotas are limited while they are not offering any LLDPE film at the moment.
A buyer stated, “We believe that the producer elected to raise their prices due to the depreciation of the Malaysian ringgit against the US dollar.” A second converter commented, “We are now waiting to hear another local producer’s October PP and PE announcements. We have not decided on the amount of our next purchase yet as we may order more than our regular purchase amounts due to the possibility that prices may witness additional increases in the near term given the depreciating local currency.”
The producer’s October PE prices stand at MRY5490/ton ($1247/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5450/ton ($1238/ton) for LDPE injection and HDPE film and at MYR5580/ton ($1267/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PP, the producer’s prices stand at MYR4820/ton ($1092/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia and at MYR4970/ton ($1126/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Malaysia, 30/60 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops