Malaysian producer lowers Feb PP, PE prices to local market
The producer cut its February offers by MYR200/ton ($49/ton) for LDPE and homo-PP grades month over month while applying a smaller decrease of MYR100/ton ($25/ton) for HDPE and PP copolymers.
Accordingly, the producer’s new PE offers now stand at MYR4650/ton ($1148/ton) for HDPE film, at MYR4730/ton ($1168/ton) for HDPE blow molding, at MYR4780/ton ($1180/ton) for HDPE inj., at MYR6090/ton ($1504/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR6430/ton ($1587/ton) for LDPE inj. and at MYR6470/ton ($1597/ton) for LDPE coating -all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
The producer’s latest PP prices, meanwhile, currently stand at MYR5230/ton ($1291/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection, at MYR5430/ton ($1341/ton) for homo-PP film, at MYR5420/ton ($1334/ton) for PPBC inj. and at MYR5700/ton ($1407/ton) for PPRC inj., with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May