Malaysian producer lowers PET prices
The producer cut their local prices by MYR150-200/ton ($41-55/ton), bringing their new offers to MYR3900/ton ($1086/ton) on an FD Malaysia, cash basis. For the regional market, they lowered their PET prices by $40-50/ton to $1080/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis. The source stated, “We are not feeling optimistic for the near term as the upcoming rainy season will hinder buying appetite in some of our export destinations.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PET prices are currently reported at $1040-1130/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally