Malaysian producer raises local PET prices
The source commented, “Buyers are still showing resistance to higher offers. The depreciating ringgit is also hampering buying appetite. However, PET prices have been increasing due to the explosion at China’s Nanjing Yangzi Petrochemical’s complex as well as reduced PTA production rates.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?