Malaysian producer reduces PET prices
The producer reduced their local prices by MYR50/ton ($12/ton), bringing their new offers to MYR3750/ton ($889/ton) on an FD Malaysia, cash basis. For the regional market, they lowered their PET prices by $20/ton to $850/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
The source commented, “We think that demand will not improve before the Chinese New Year holidays. We are now monitoring global economic developments including the OPEC meeting as well as US interest rates in order to gauge the market direction for the next year.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PET prices are currently reported at $815-880/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect