Malaysian producer reduces PET prices
The producer reduced their local prices by MYR50/ton ($12/ton), bringing their new offers to MYR3750/ton ($889/ton) on an FD Malaysia, cash basis. For the regional market, they lowered their PET prices by $20/ton to $850/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
The source commented, “We think that demand will not improve before the Chinese New Year holidays. We are now monitoring global economic developments including the OPEC meeting as well as US interest rates in order to gauge the market direction for the next year.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PET prices are currently reported at $815-880/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs
- Asian PVC markets stay strong as tightness overshadows virus fears
- SEA LLDPE market sees fresh hikes despite virus-hit sentiment across Asia
- Turkey’s overall polymer imports resume growth in 2019