Malaysian traders receive lower offers for US mLLDPE C6
A trader was offered mLLDPE C6 for a US origin at $1020/ton CIF Malaysia, cash. The offer level indicates decreases of $30-40/ton when compared to two weeks ago.
He commented, “We prefer to adopt a mostly wait and see stance as the market is not likely to shift direction until the Chinese New Year holiday. The sentiment remains weak due to lower crude oil futures.”
According to traders, overall offers for US mLLDPE C6 currently stand at $1020-1040/ton CIF Malaysia, subject to 10% customs duty, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply