Malaysian traders seek to strengthen ties with Iran
Mohammad Hafez Hokmi, the Secretary of the first exhibition and investment opportunities in Malaysia, said Iran’s GDP has been improving for two years, and its strategic location as well as its free trade zones in the north and south make the country a great opportunity for Malaysian investors. Accordingly, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI) and Iran ASEAN Business Council.
In 2015, trade turnover between Malaysia and Iran stood at $532 million. Both countries are eager to increase this number to $1 billion in the short term.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends