March PE, PP prices emerge from UAE to S East Asia
The producer raised its PE prices by $50/ton for HDPE film, $30-40/ton for LLDPE film when compared to their latest levels, bringing their new offers to $1200/ton and $1280/ton, respectively, all on CIF SEA, cash basis.
As for PP, the producer’s new offers indicate increases of $50/ton for homo-PP, $60/ton for PP block copolymer and $100/ton for PP random copolymer. Accordingly, their new prices stand at $1200/ton for homo-PP injection, at $1250/ton for PPBC injection and at $1320/ton for PPRC injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
A buyer in Malaysia commented, “The producer is standing quite firm on their offers given their tight availability. We are now waiting on the sidelines and monitoring the developments in China since the current high levels might ease down if the regional markets remain under downwards pressure from the softening Chinese market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets