March PE, PP prices emerge from UAE to S East Asia
The producer raised its PE prices by $50/ton for HDPE film, $30-40/ton for LLDPE film when compared to their latest levels, bringing their new offers to $1200/ton and $1280/ton, respectively, all on CIF SEA, cash basis.
As for PP, the producer’s new offers indicate increases of $50/ton for homo-PP, $60/ton for PP block copolymer and $100/ton for PP random copolymer. Accordingly, their new prices stand at $1200/ton for homo-PP injection, at $1250/ton for PPBC injection and at $1320/ton for PPRC injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
A buyer in Malaysia commented, “The producer is standing quite firm on their offers given their tight availability. We are now waiting on the sidelines and monitoring the developments in China since the current high levels might ease down if the regional markets remain under downwards pressure from the softening Chinese market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness