March PE, PP prices emerge from UAE to S East Asia
The producer raised its PE prices by $50/ton for HDPE film, $30-40/ton for LLDPE film when compared to their latest levels, bringing their new offers to $1200/ton and $1280/ton, respectively, all on CIF SEA, cash basis.
As for PP, the producer’s new offers indicate increases of $50/ton for homo-PP, $60/ton for PP block copolymer and $100/ton for PP random copolymer. Accordingly, their new prices stand at $1200/ton for homo-PP injection, at $1250/ton for PPBC injection and at $1320/ton for PPRC injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
A buyer in Malaysia commented, “The producer is standing quite firm on their offers given their tight availability. We are now waiting on the sidelines and monitoring the developments in China since the current high levels might ease down if the regional markets remain under downwards pressure from the softening Chinese market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe