March butadiene, benzene contracts settle in US
TPC Group and LyondellBasell settled their butadiene contracts at 24 cents/lb ($529/ton) while Shell Chemicals settled at 25 cents/lb ($551/ton) and ExxonMobil settled at 29 cents/lb ($639/ton).
Meanwhile, Phillips 66 settled its benzene contract at $1.76/gallon ($526/ton), down 8-9 cents/gallon ($24-27/ton) from February’s split settlement at $1.84-1.85/gallon ($550-553/ton). March’s settlement price indicated the lowest level seen since April 2009.
In the US, spot benzene prices are currently reported at around $1.80/gallon ($538/ton) FOB USG, up 1 cent/gallon ($3/ton) from a week earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports