March butadiene, benzene contracts settle in US
TPC Group and LyondellBasell settled their butadiene contracts at 24 cents/lb ($529/ton) while Shell Chemicals settled at 25 cents/lb ($551/ton) and ExxonMobil settled at 29 cents/lb ($639/ton).
Meanwhile, Phillips 66 settled its benzene contract at $1.76/gallon ($526/ton), down 8-9 cents/gallon ($24-27/ton) from February’s split settlement at $1.84-1.85/gallon ($550-553/ton). March’s settlement price indicated the lowest level seen since April 2009.
In the US, spot benzene prices are currently reported at around $1.80/gallon ($538/ton) FOB USG, up 1 cent/gallon ($3/ton) from a week earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains