March butadiene, benzene contracts settle in US
TPC Group and LyondellBasell settled their butadiene contracts at 24 cents/lb ($529/ton) while Shell Chemicals settled at 25 cents/lb ($551/ton) and ExxonMobil settled at 29 cents/lb ($639/ton).
Meanwhile, Phillips 66 settled its benzene contract at $1.76/gallon ($526/ton), down 8-9 cents/gallon ($24-27/ton) from February’s split settlement at $1.84-1.85/gallon ($550-553/ton). March’s settlement price indicated the lowest level seen since April 2009.
In the US, spot benzene prices are currently reported at around $1.80/gallon ($538/ton) FOB USG, up 1 cent/gallon ($3/ton) from a week earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?