March ethylene contracts fully settle in Europe
The initial March ethylene contract had been settled at €1035/ton ($1091/ton), up €15/ton ($16/ton) from February. Players had been expecting larger increases due to hefty hikes in spot ethylene prices and the approaching cracker shutdowns in Europe. Therefore, the initial contract was not followed.
In Europe, spot ethylene prices are currently reported at around €1100/ton FD NWE. An increase of up to €190/ton was recorded throughout February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May