March ethylene contracts fully settle in Europe
The initial March ethylene contract had been settled at €1035/ton ($1091/ton), up €15/ton ($16/ton) from February. Players had been expecting larger increases due to hefty hikes in spot ethylene prices and the approaching cracker shutdowns in Europe. Therefore, the initial contract was not followed.
In Europe, spot ethylene prices are currently reported at around €1100/ton FD NWE. An increase of up to €190/ton was recorded throughout February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook