March ethylene contracts fully settle in Europe
The initial March ethylene contract had been settled at €1035/ton ($1091/ton), up €15/ton ($16/ton) from February. Players had been expecting larger increases due to hefty hikes in spot ethylene prices and the approaching cracker shutdowns in Europe. Therefore, the initial contract was not followed.
In Europe, spot ethylene prices are currently reported at around €1100/ton FD NWE. An increase of up to €190/ton was recorded throughout February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe