March sell ideas for PE emerge sharply higher in Italy
An agent of a West European producer expressed his March sell ideas with increases of €120-130/ton from February at €1180-1190/ton for LDPE film, at €1220-1230/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at €1200-1210/ton for HDPE injection, all on an FD Italy, 60 days deferred payment basis. The seller expects his supplier to issue increases larger than the monomer hike due to their short supply.
A distributor revealed his March sell ideas for West European LDPE with sharp hikes of €175/ton from February at €1200/ton FD, 60 days in line with his supplier’s pricing strategy. However, the seller commented, “Our supplier is aiming for sharp hikes to recover their margins, but we think that they might tone down their hike requests later in the month and concede to relatively smaller gains of €120-130/ton.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months