March sell ideas for PE emerge sharply higher in Italy
An agent of a West European producer expressed his March sell ideas with increases of €120-130/ton from February at €1180-1190/ton for LDPE film, at €1220-1230/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at €1200-1210/ton for HDPE injection, all on an FD Italy, 60 days deferred payment basis. The seller expects his supplier to issue increases larger than the monomer hike due to their short supply.
A distributor revealed his March sell ideas for West European LDPE with sharp hikes of €175/ton from February at €1200/ton FD, 60 days in line with his supplier’s pricing strategy. However, the seller commented, “Our supplier is aiming for sharp hikes to recover their margins, but we think that they might tone down their hike requests later in the month and concede to relatively smaller gains of €120-130/ton.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect