March sell ideas shaping up in the European PP market
A distributor in Belgium revealed his March sell ideas with hikes of €100/ton from February at €1175-1185/ton for homo-PP and at €1225-1235/ton for PP block copolymer on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis. “Demand has been good so far and we expect propylene contracts to settle higher for the upcoming month, but our supplier is aiming for even sharper hikes than the projected monomer gains in order to recoup their margins,” the seller commented.
A French distributor expressed his March sell ideas for different West European origins with increases of €70-80/ton after selling out his February allocation in the first half of the month.
Another distributor in Germany is giving February PP offers with increases compared to the beginning of the month at €1070/ton for homo-PP and at €1120/ton for PP block copolymer FD, 60 days deferred payment. The seller reported holding comfortable stocks for PP in anticipation of firmer prices for the upcoming month and added that he projects increases of €50-70/ton for PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East