March sell ideas shaping up in the European PP market
A distributor in Belgium revealed his March sell ideas with hikes of €100/ton from February at €1175-1185/ton for homo-PP and at €1225-1235/ton for PP block copolymer on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis. “Demand has been good so far and we expect propylene contracts to settle higher for the upcoming month, but our supplier is aiming for even sharper hikes than the projected monomer gains in order to recoup their margins,” the seller commented.
A French distributor expressed his March sell ideas for different West European origins with increases of €70-80/ton after selling out his February allocation in the first half of the month.
Another distributor in Germany is giving February PP offers with increases compared to the beginning of the month at €1070/ton for homo-PP and at €1120/ton for PP block copolymer FD, 60 days deferred payment. The seller reported holding comfortable stocks for PP in anticipation of firmer prices for the upcoming month and added that he projects increases of €50-70/ton for PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months