Markit: Eurozone flash PMI hits seven-month high
The PMI slightly rose and reached 53.3 this month after posting 53.2 in July. Analysts comment that the August flash PMI suggest that the Eurozone continues to follow a stable growth path in the third quarter.
However, a deceleration in the growth of manufacturers’ order books and the lower rate of new hires shows growth could slow in the months ahead.
A sub-index for price pressures shows that inflation is still quiet on the back of decreasing selling prices again this month. Inflation in the region is 0.2% which is lower than the European Central Bank’s target of just under 2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike