Markit: Eurozone manufacturing falls below estimates in Dec
The report showed that in the fourth quarter of 2014 the region’s manufacturing activity stood at the lowest level seen for more than a year. Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing sector expanded slightly while French and Italian manufacturing remained weak. Italy’s manufacturing retreated to the lowest level in 19 months.
Analysts described the region’s manufacturing as “near-stagnant” and commented that the region’s subdued manufacturing may lead the European Central Bank (ECB) take new economic stimulus measures to boost the economy.
Meanwhile, according to Markit, the purchasing managers’ index for services was unexpectedly revised down to 51.6 in December from an initial reading of 51.9.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers