Markit: Eurozone manufacturing falls below estimates in Dec
The report showed that in the fourth quarter of 2014 the region’s manufacturing activity stood at the lowest level seen for more than a year. Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing sector expanded slightly while French and Italian manufacturing remained weak. Italy’s manufacturing retreated to the lowest level in 19 months.
Analysts described the region’s manufacturing as “near-stagnant” and commented that the region’s subdued manufacturing may lead the European Central Bank (ECB) take new economic stimulus measures to boost the economy.
Meanwhile, according to Markit, the purchasing managers’ index for services was unexpectedly revised down to 51.6 in December from an initial reading of 51.9.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets