May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
Saudi major applies PE increases on local market
Having applied increases for both PP and PE in April, a major Saudi producer lifted its local PE offers further by SAR37-38/ton ($9-10/ton) for May. When it comes to PP, the major producer elected to keep its new offers stable.
A company source noted, “We expect to see limited demand throughout the Ramadan month. Supply, on the other hand, is comfortable".
LDPE makes an exception in UAE
Emirati players operating in local and import polyolefin markets received May offers with rollovers from April, except for LDPE, which indicated monthly increases.
A major Saudi producer increased its May LDPE offers by $20/ton while keeping its remaining PE and PP grades stable from April.
A domestic producer also adopted a similar pricing and only increased its LDPE offers by $20-30/ton on the month.
Mid-Eastern PP, PE offers stable to up in Egypt
A major Saudi producer approached Egypt mostly with rollovers for May while a different Saudi producer preferred to lift its new offers by $30-70/ton from April.
“Demand for polyolefins is weak in the midst of the Ramadan month and sources mostly reported that they are aiming for lower deals,” players opined.
Egypt’s EPPC changes pricing policy after 3 months
EPPC, one of the two local PP producers of Egypt, took a break from its firmer pricing that was in place since February and rolled over its May PP offers
A company source attributed the recent pricing to slow demand, which is mostly limited to buyers’ needs.
Nigeria’s ELEME lifts PP again, PE follow suit
The local producer ELEME increased its May offers to the domestic market with increases of NGN15,000/ton ($42/ton) for PP grades. This has been the third straight PP hike from the producer.
After keeping April PE offers stable, the producer also lifted its new PE offers by NGN10,000-12,000/ton ($28-33/ton).
PP up, PE stable in Kenya
Meanwhile, in Kenya, a major Saudi producer’s May PP offers indicated a monthly increase of $20/ton while PE offers were flat.
An end products manufacturer underlined that demand remained moderate with buyers purchasing based on their urgent needs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure