Media: Iran ready to compete with S. Arabia in petchem sector
10 new petrochemical complexes will be started up in the current Iranian year, which is expected to increase country’s production capacity by 7 million tons. Iran is currently in talks with Asian and European investors to provide financial support for the construction of new petrochemical projects.
France’s Total and Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for the construction of a major petrochemical complex in Iran. Shah-Daei also reported that they are expecting to sign contracts with three German companies soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months