Media: Iran ready to compete with S. Arabia in petchem sector
10 new petrochemical complexes will be started up in the current Iranian year, which is expected to increase country’s production capacity by 7 million tons. Iran is currently in talks with Asian and European investors to provide financial support for the construction of new petrochemical projects.
France’s Total and Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for the construction of a major petrochemical complex in Iran. Shah-Daei also reported that they are expecting to sign contracts with three German companies soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem