Media: Iran ready to compete with S. Arabia in petchem sector
10 new petrochemical complexes will be started up in the current Iranian year, which is expected to increase country’s production capacity by 7 million tons. Iran is currently in talks with Asian and European investors to provide financial support for the construction of new petrochemical projects.
France’s Total and Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for the construction of a major petrochemical complex in Iran. Shah-Daei also reported that they are expecting to sign contracts with three German companies soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia