Media: Iran to increase petrochemical production
Iran had previously launched the Lorestan Petrochemical Plant, while the Kurdestan and Mahabad plants will reportedly be operational by March 2017. With the completion of these projects, Iran’s annual capacity will reach at least 960,000 tons of petrochemicals. Iran’s Oil Minister, Bijan Zanganeh, said Lorestan Petrochemical Complex is among the country’s largest investments with a value of $400 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high