Media: No agreement on output ceiling from OPEC meeting
OPEC also decided to assign Nigeria’s Mohammed Barkindo as its new secretary-general. Iran’s resistance caused Thursday’s meeting to end without a new policy or production limit despite Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies’ proposal to form a new output ceiling.
Iran’s oil minister Bijan Zanganeh said that Iran is not supporting any collective output ceiling and wants to negotiate about individual country production quotas instead. According to him, Iran deserves a quota of 14.5% of OPEC’s overall production. OPEC’s overall production currently stands at 32.5 million barrels per day (bpd), giving Iran a quota of 4.7 million bpd, which still remains above its production of 3.8 million bpd based on Iran’s estimates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019