Media: No agreement on output ceiling from OPEC meeting
OPEC also decided to assign Nigeria’s Mohammed Barkindo as its new secretary-general. Iran’s resistance caused Thursday’s meeting to end without a new policy or production limit despite Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies’ proposal to form a new output ceiling.
Iran’s oil minister Bijan Zanganeh said that Iran is not supporting any collective output ceiling and wants to negotiate about individual country production quotas instead. According to him, Iran deserves a quota of 14.5% of OPEC’s overall production. OPEC’s overall production currently stands at 32.5 million barrels per day (bpd), giving Iran a quota of 4.7 million bpd, which still remains above its production of 3.8 million bpd based on Iran’s estimates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds