Media: No agreement on output ceiling from OPEC meeting
OPEC also decided to assign Nigeria’s Mohammed Barkindo as its new secretary-general. Iran’s resistance caused Thursday’s meeting to end without a new policy or production limit despite Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies’ proposal to form a new output ceiling.
Iran’s oil minister Bijan Zanganeh said that Iran is not supporting any collective output ceiling and wants to negotiate about individual country production quotas instead. According to him, Iran deserves a quota of 14.5% of OPEC’s overall production. OPEC’s overall production currently stands at 32.5 million barrels per day (bpd), giving Iran a quota of 4.7 million bpd, which still remains above its production of 3.8 million bpd based on Iran’s estimates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion