Media: SABIC seeks to diversify its feedstocks
The Saudi government recently raised gas prices to $1.75/MMBtu for ethane and to $1.25/MMBtu for methane, bringing gas prices in Saudi Arabia close to the level prevailing in the US. Saudi Arabia had previously maintained a fixed price of $0.75/MMBtu for gas feedstocks but is moving to restrict subsidies in the face of falling government revenues owing to a slump in oil prices.
The company had previously said that tightness in ethane gas in Saudi Arabia was limiting opportunities for domestic growth and pushing the company to look at foreign investment opportunities. SABIC signed a deal to import US shale gas to its Teesside petrochemical plant in the UK.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers