Media: Saudi Arabia hoping to stabilize oil markets
OPEC countries will meet on December 4, 2015. Some other members of the OPEC are expected to push Saudi Arabia to abandon their current policy and to work to lift prices.
Meanwhile, Venezuela’s Oil Minister Eulogio del Pino also stated that OPEC should work with its rivals to stabilize oil prices. According to the minister, Iran will increase its oil production once sanctions are fully lifted, which will put additional downward pressure on oil prices. Eulogio del Pino said that if OPEC countries continue to follow their current policies, oil prices may fall below $30/barrel in 2016.
Eulogio del Pino added that lower oil prices are dampening the prospects for future oil investments. Previously, the executive director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), Fatih Birol, also reported said that oil investment is likely to decline in 2016, especially in high-cost regions, if prices remain near current levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount