Media: Saudi Arabia hoping to stabilize oil markets
OPEC countries will meet on December 4, 2015. Some other members of the OPEC are expected to push Saudi Arabia to abandon their current policy and to work to lift prices.
Meanwhile, Venezuela’s Oil Minister Eulogio del Pino also stated that OPEC should work with its rivals to stabilize oil prices. According to the minister, Iran will increase its oil production once sanctions are fully lifted, which will put additional downward pressure on oil prices. Eulogio del Pino said that if OPEC countries continue to follow their current policies, oil prices may fall below $30/barrel in 2016.
Eulogio del Pino added that lower oil prices are dampening the prospects for future oil investments. Previously, the executive director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), Fatih Birol, also reported said that oil investment is likely to decline in 2016, especially in high-cost regions, if prices remain near current levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed