Mexico’s Ethylene XXI’s LDPE plant to start operations
One of the two HDPE plants at the Ethylene XXI project was launched on April 6 while the second HDPE plant was started up on April 28. The Ethylene XXI project had started ethylene production in March. Located in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, the new project will have production capacities of 1 million tons/year of ethylene, 750,000 tons/year of HDPE and 300,000 tons/year of LDPE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets