Mexico’s Ethylene XXI’s LDPE plant to start operations
One of the two HDPE plants at the Ethylene XXI project was launched on April 6 while the second HDPE plant was started up on April 28. The Ethylene XXI project had started ethylene production in March. Located in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, the new project will have production capacities of 1 million tons/year of ethylene, 750,000 tons/year of HDPE and 300,000 tons/year of LDPE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?