Mexico’s Etileno XXI to begin C2 production this week
Etileno XXI is expected to start polyethylene production first with HDPE injection resin. After that, blowmolding production will start in the second round of start-ups. Low density PE production will start after mid-April. The project, located in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz state will have a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of PE in total.
Output from the complex will be primarily used to meet the growing need of Mexico’s PE market while the remainder is slated to be exported to the US and South America.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows