Mexico’s Mexichem announces financial results for Q3
Mexichem’s net profit fell by 62.5% to $61 million in the third quarter of the year from $161 million in the same period of 2016. The company’s EBITDA also decreased by 37% and reached $297 million from $468 million of the same period of last year.
The decreases were reportedly attributed to the issues that Mexichem faced in the wake of Hurricane Harvey’s impact on the Gulf Coast.
The company’s revenue, on the other hand, increased 8% to $1.5 billion compared to the same period of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear