Mexico’s Mexichem announces financial results for Q3
Mexichem’s net profit fell by 62.5% to $61 million in the third quarter of the year from $161 million in the same period of 2016. The company’s EBITDA also decreased by 37% and reached $297 million from $468 million of the same period of last year.
The decreases were reportedly attributed to the issues that Mexichem faced in the wake of Hurricane Harvey’s impact on the Gulf Coast.
The company’s revenue, on the other hand, increased 8% to $1.5 billion compared to the same period of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov