Mexico’s Mexichem announces financial results for Q3
Mexichem’s net profit fell by 62.5% to $61 million in the third quarter of the year from $161 million in the same period of 2016. The company’s EBITDA also decreased by 37% and reached $297 million from $468 million of the same period of last year.
The decreases were reportedly attributed to the issues that Mexichem faced in the wake of Hurricane Harvey’s impact on the Gulf Coast.
The company’s revenue, on the other hand, increased 8% to $1.5 billion compared to the same period of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey