Mid-East PP raffia breaks below $1000 threshold in Turkey
A trader in Turkey reported receiving a PP raffia offer for a Saudi origin today at $980/ton CFR, cash, subject to 6.5% duty. The offer level is still not widely captured at the time of press. In the earlier days of the week, buyers mostly received PP raffia offers from the Middle East at $1000/ton with the same terms. Sellers also reported receiving bids at $950/ton.
Players speculate that there are Indian offers below this threshold, although this news is not confirmed. Demand remains weak across the PP market with buyers preferring to hold their waiting stance in the midst of their year-end book keeping and unsatisfactory orders from export markets as well as ongoing bearish expectations based on China.
Based on the netback to China, Indian and Middle Eastern offers can be theoretically offered as low as $920-950/ton on CFR Turkey basis. Rumor has it that some import PP cargos are now being diverted to Turkey from China through re-exports while Chinese coal-based PP is also set to emerge in the Turkish market soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull