Mid-East major concludes PP, PE deals with $70-80 discounts
The buyer purchased homo-PP raffia and injection at $1430/ton and film and fibre grades at $1460/ton CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
A different buyer had also reported earlier today that they concluded deals with the same producer with $20/ton discounts at $1480/ton for raffia and injection and at $1510/ton for film and fibre based on CIF Egypt, 90 days.
Initial offers from this producer had been at $1500/ton for raffia and injection and at $1530/ton for film and fibre for August cargoes.
Meanwhile, players reported that other Middle Eastern suppliers are offering homo-PP this week at relatively lower prices of $1200-1250/ton with the same terms.
For PE products, the converter who received $70-80/ton discounts reported concluding deals with the major producer at $1480-1510/ton for LDPE film, at $1470/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1470/ton for HDPE film and at $1490/ton for injection grade, all on CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
Other producers from the Middle East are offering LDPE film at $1310-1450/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1370-1450/ton and HDPE film at $1320-1450/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers