Mid-East major concludes PP, PE deals with $70-80 discounts
The buyer purchased homo-PP raffia and injection at $1430/ton and film and fibre grades at $1460/ton CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
A different buyer had also reported earlier today that they concluded deals with the same producer with $20/ton discounts at $1480/ton for raffia and injection and at $1510/ton for film and fibre based on CIF Egypt, 90 days.
Initial offers from this producer had been at $1500/ton for raffia and injection and at $1530/ton for film and fibre for August cargoes.
Meanwhile, players reported that other Middle Eastern suppliers are offering homo-PP this week at relatively lower prices of $1200-1250/ton with the same terms.
For PE products, the converter who received $70-80/ton discounts reported concluding deals with the major producer at $1480-1510/ton for LDPE film, at $1470/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1470/ton for HDPE film and at $1490/ton for injection grade, all on CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
Other producers from the Middle East are offering LDPE film at $1310-1450/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1370-1450/ton and HDPE film at $1320-1450/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May