Mid-East producers follow with lower PE prices to Egypt
The agent commented, “The producer is offering $50/ton below their October offers and we can only give discounts of up to $10/ton for our serious customers. The allocations are limited for this month and we hope to see better demand since buyers had been waiting until seeing the November offers to purchase.”
A source from another regional producer reported lowering their PE prices by $20/ton for November bringing their LDPE film offers to $1680-1700/ton and LLDPE c4 film to $1640/ton CIF Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
The source noted, “Our allocations are normal except for LLDPE and heavy duty LDPE due to good demand for these products. The market is nervous about the softness seen in November and players are expecting further reductions and lower done deals. Most are just watching the market for now.”
The overall range for LLDPE c4 film is currently at $1620-1640/ton CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment. The range for HDPE film is at $1610-1690/ton and for LDPE film at $1670-1700/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What will October unfold for Turkey’s PE markets?
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels