Mid-East producers follow with lower PE prices to Egypt
The agent commented, “The producer is offering $50/ton below their October offers and we can only give discounts of up to $10/ton for our serious customers. The allocations are limited for this month and we hope to see better demand since buyers had been waiting until seeing the November offers to purchase.”
A source from another regional producer reported lowering their PE prices by $20/ton for November bringing their LDPE film offers to $1680-1700/ton and LLDPE c4 film to $1640/ton CIF Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
The source noted, “Our allocations are normal except for LLDPE and heavy duty LDPE due to good demand for these products. The market is nervous about the softness seen in November and players are expecting further reductions and lower done deals. Most are just watching the market for now.”
The overall range for LLDPE c4 film is currently at $1620-1640/ton CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment. The range for HDPE film is at $1610-1690/ton and for LDPE film at $1670-1700/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets