Mid-Eastern HDPE breaks below a threshold in Turkey
In the HDPE market, some deals were concluded at $1150-1170/ton whereas the list prices of some suppliers are pegged at $1200-1220/ton with the same terms. These sellers admit to be facing some resistance from buyers in the midst of buyers’ expectations for softer prices for the near term.
Rumor also has it that HDPE film is even offered below $1150/ton as supply for this product is more comfortable with respect to other PE products but this could not confirmed at the time of press.
A similar situation is valid in LLDPE film, for which a buyer reported to have concluded a deal at $1160/ton with the same terms, although the majority of offers remain above $1200/ton this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China