Mid-Eastern HDPE breaks below a threshold in Turkey
In the HDPE market, some deals were concluded at $1150-1170/ton whereas the list prices of some suppliers are pegged at $1200-1220/ton with the same terms. These sellers admit to be facing some resistance from buyers in the midst of buyers’ expectations for softer prices for the near term.
Rumor also has it that HDPE film is even offered below $1150/ton as supply for this product is more comfortable with respect to other PE products but this could not confirmed at the time of press.
A similar situation is valid in LLDPE film, for which a buyer reported to have concluded a deal at $1160/ton with the same terms, although the majority of offers remain above $1200/ton this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem