Mid-Eastern PE offers revealed for June in Turkey
Buyers reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer rolled over their new June prices at $1510/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1550/ton for HDPE film, both on an FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. Buyers found the new levels high considering the relatively competitive prices from Iran with some preferring to wait before accepting. “Our supplier has not voiced any constraints of supply to us this month,” added a packaging maker.
Another Saudi producer also issued their new June prices at $1510/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1530/ton for HDPE film with the same terms. These offers indicate rollovers to $20/ton discounts from May. A producer source said, “Demand remains rather slow following the price hikes of the past few months. PE supply remains tight for now but it is beginning to stabilize.”
New PE offers from Qatar, meanwhile, showed up with rollovers when compared to the latest offers for May. The producer’s new prices are currently standing at $1450/ton for LDPE film and $1470/ton for HDPE film CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Another Saudi Arabian producer, meanwhile, voiced their June sell ideas with rollovers; however, a producer source commented that they anticipate seeing resistance from buyers and are therefore willing to consider discounts of up to $20/ton in order to conclude deals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market