Mid-Eastern PE producer revises August prices down to Turkey
After initially approaching the market with rollovers for LDPE and HDPE and $30-40/ton drops for LLDPE from July earlier this week, the producer lowered their prices by $40/ton for all grades. “We found the initial announcements from the source unworkable amidst market talks about much lower prices. We believe those levels will see resistance from the market,” players reported earlier in the week.
The latest prices from the supplier stand at $1360/ton for LDPE film, $1340/ton for HDPE film and $1310/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. PE prices in Turkey have been on a downwards trend since the middle of May amidst pressure from falling costs and sluggish demand.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount