Mid-Eastern PP, PE offers follow divergent trends for Nov in Egypt
A Saudi major applied increases of up to $50/ton on its November PP prices, attributing this to the scarce availability at regional producers. The producer’s November PE prices indicate rollovers to $20/ton increases, meanwhile.
Similarly, a Saudi distributor offering on behalf of an Omani producer approached the market with more modest increases of $10/ton to bring their prices to $1210/ton for PP raffia and inj. on CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days. The source commented, “We’re still waiting to receive feedback from our customers.”
Two distributors offering on behalf of a different Saudi supplier, however, applied rollovers to decreases of up to $30/ton on slack buying interest amidst tight liquidity. One of the distributors based in Dubai confirmed, “Demand is very poor as players shy away from engaging in new purchases considering the poor performance of their end sales.”
Distributors are now offering at $1200-1220/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film, $1200/ton for PP raffia and inj. and at $1250/ton for PPBC inj. CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What will October unfold for Turkey’s PE markets?
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels