Mid-Eastern PP, PE offers follow divergent trends for Nov in Egypt
A Saudi major applied increases of up to $50/ton on its November PP prices, attributing this to the scarce availability at regional producers. The producer’s November PE prices indicate rollovers to $20/ton increases, meanwhile.
Similarly, a Saudi distributor offering on behalf of an Omani producer approached the market with more modest increases of $10/ton to bring their prices to $1210/ton for PP raffia and inj. on CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days. The source commented, “We’re still waiting to receive feedback from our customers.”
Two distributors offering on behalf of a different Saudi supplier, however, applied rollovers to decreases of up to $30/ton on slack buying interest amidst tight liquidity. One of the distributors based in Dubai confirmed, “Demand is very poor as players shy away from engaging in new purchases considering the poor performance of their end sales.”
Distributors are now offering at $1200-1220/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film, $1200/ton for PP raffia and inj. and at $1250/ton for PPBC inj. CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year