Mid-Eastern PP, PE prices for August emerge in Lebanon
An end product manufacturer reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer approached the Lebanese market with decreases of $10-20/ton for PP and rollovers to slight up or down changes for PE.
The producer’s new PP offers stand at $1090-1100/ton for PPBC inj., at $1210/ton for PPRC inj. and at $1070/ton for homo-PP raffia and inj., all on a CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment basis.
For PE, they currently offer August deliveries at $1210/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, at $1200/ton for LLDPE film, at $1260/ton for LLDPE inj., at $1250/ton for HDPE inj. and at $1240/ton for HDPE b/m with the same terms. According to the buyers, the producer’s new PE prices suggest rollovers for LLDPE film and HDPE b/m, $10/ton decreases for LDPE film and HDPE inj. and $10/ton increases for HDPE film.
“Demand has started to improve slightly since the start of August while supplies are more than sufficient for the time being,” the converter commented.
Meanwhile, another Middle Eastern producer reportedly revealed their August LDPE offers to Lebanon at $1130-1140/ton CIF Beirut, 90 days. According to a buyer, the producer implemented decreases of $20-30/ton on their new offers when compared to their most recent July levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand