Mid-Eastern players continue to receive Jan PP and PE offers
In Jordan, the initial offers from a Saudi major represented increases of $30-40/ton from December to be reported at $1210/ton for HDPE film, at $1240-1250/ton for LDPE film and at $1230/ton for LLDPE film and HDPE b/m, all on a CIP Amman, 90 days basis.
A plastic end manufacturer receiving the new offers from the Saudi supplier said that supplies are sufficient and the higher offers were expected given the recovery in oil markets. “However, we are expecting to see lower done deals over the near term,” argued the manufacturer.
In the United Arab Emirates, both local and different Middle Eastern sources announced their new PP and PE offers with increases from the previous month. The January import offers are pegged at $1220-1280/ton for LDPE film, at $1120-1150/ton for HDPE film, at $1200-1220/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at$1020-1060/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on a CIF Dubai, 90 days basis.
“The Saudi major revealed their offers around $20-30/ton higher; but then made reductions owing to the other competitive prices. Supplies are good while demand is still slow, though improved compared to the previous month,” said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe