Mid-Eastern producer announces March PE prices to SEA
These new offer levels indicate increases of $140-150/ton for LLDPE film and $135-145/ton for HDPE film when compared to the most recent prices reported for this origin.
The producer source commented, “We are seeing good responses from our customers to our new prices as buyers are now more willing to replenish stocks in line with the firming outlook. We think that the market reached the bottom level last month and that prices will not see any further reductions. We are feeling bullish for the near term outlook.”
A converter in Indonesia who received new March prices from the producer stated, “The market is witnessing significant increases nowadays on the back of tight supplies. Middle Eastern producers are selling their limited quotas to their regular customers while the local market is also facing supply limitations. We are not planning to make fresh purchases for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit