Mid-Eastern producer rolls over December PP, PE to Egypt
The only lower price from the producer was for LLDPE injection at $1525-1535/ton on CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis, down by $25-35/ton from the seller’s late November levels. Meanwhile, the rest of the producer’s prices stand at $1500/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE film, $1490/ton for HDPE b/m and injection, $1570/ton for LDPE film and at $1460/ton for PP raffia and injection with the same terms.
A distributor commented, “The producer’s offers had indicated significant decreases in November and they had formed the low end of the import range. This may be why the seller kept their prices unchanged for December. We asked the producer about their availability and they said that it is not clear how much quota they spared for Egypt.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons