Mid-Eastern producers announce Dec PP, PE offers to Jordan, Lebanon
In Jordan, a major Saudi producer cut its new offers by $20/ton for PP and by $70-130/ton for PE, bringing its latest prices to $1060/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1160/ton for HDPE film, $1070/ton for LDPE film, and $1230/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIP Amman, 90 days basis.
In Lebanon, the Saudi major’s new PP offers were lowered by $40-70/ton from November at $1290/ton for PP fibre, $1280/ton for PP film, and $1260/ton for PP raffia and inj. while the producer’s PE offers stood at $1130/ton for LDPE film, $1085/ton for LLDPE c4 film, and $1185/ton for HDPE film and inj., all on CIF Beirut, 90 days.
Meanwhile, a Lebanese plastic end product manufacturer reported receiving new PE offers from a Middle Eastern producer with decreases of $15-70/ton at $1185/ton for HDPE film, $1130/ton for LDPE film and $1085/ton for LLDPE c4 film, with the terms.
The source also reported receiving new offers from an Emirati producer with $90/ton decreases at $1070/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1150/ton for HDPE film, with the same terms.
"Prices are softer compared to the previous month due to lower monomer costs and softer crude oil prices while the global trend is bearish given the year-end period. However, demand is satisfactory amid the approaching Christmas holiday," the source stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm