Mid-Eastern producers announce Dec PP, PE prices to Lebanon
According to the buyer, a major Saudi producer revealed their December PP prices with decreases of $90/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $100/ton for PP random copolymer injection, $50/ton for PP raffia and $60/ton for PP fibre, film and injection. For PE, the producer lowered their new offers by $50/ton for LLDPE film and by $80/ton for LDPE and HDPE film.
The Saudi major’s new offers stand at $1110/ton for PPBC inj, at $1200/ton for PPRC inj, at $1040/ton for PP raffia and inj and at $1060-1070/ton for fibre and film, all on a a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days deferred payment basis. The producer is offering their December PE materials at $1200/ton for HDPE film and at $1220/ton for LDPE and LLDPE film with the same terms.
The converter reported that they also received December PP and PE prices from an Emirati producer at $1070/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1170/ton for PP random copolymer, at $1050/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, at $1200/ton for LLDPE film and at $1140/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, all on a CIF Beirut, 90 days basis.
The buyer commented, “Supplies are ample, except for LLDPE film from the Emirati producer. Demand remains sluggish in spite of the fact that buyers traditionally replenish stocks at this time of the year ahead of holidays. However, the current global trends are pushing buyers to the sidelines.”
Meanwhile, a second end product manufacturer in Lebanon reported receiving an offer for December shipment homo-PP film from a major Saudi producer at $1070/ton CIF Beirut, 90 days. The buyer stated, “The producer’s new price level indicates a decrease of $50/ton compared to last month. However, buyers are still hesitant to make fresh purchases due to their expectations of additional decreases in the coming days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia