Mid-Eastern producers announce March PP, PE offers to North Africa
The source noted, "We are expecting to conclude our deals at lower levels as sellers seem willing to negotiate their prices. We also managed to achieve discounts of up to €70/ton last month,” and added that demand is moderate while there are no supply issues.
The Saudi major’s March offers to Morocco were also reported at €1070/ton ($1209/ton) for PP inj. and raffia, and €970/ton ($1096/ton) for LDPE film, all on a CIF Casablanca, Morocco, 90 days basis.
"Players are not interested in fresh purchases due to slow end business and the low season. Demand, meanwhile, remains slow and supply is ample,” a distributor offering on behalf of the Saudi major reported. The source also noted that market players expect some price increases in April.
As for Algeria, a Middle Eastern producer announced new PE offers for March at $1020-1040/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1060-1080/ton for LDPE film, and $1100-1120/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF Algeria, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will China’s recovery mitigate bearish pressure on SEA PP market?
- Expectations for May PVC pricing call for sharp decreases in Asia
- Confusion over Vietnam lockdown drives local PE prices to fresh lows
- European PVC producers start revealing April offers, drops vary in size
- April drops send import PP to 4-year low in Turkey, PE lowest in 12 years
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009
- China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb fail to catch up with last year’s record on coronavirus
- Saudi major announces April PP, PE prices with sizeable drops as lockdown ramps up
- European PET demand soars, will it alleviate cost pressure?
- US PE pioneers aggressive prices globally, responding to energy slump