Mid-Eastern producers announce prices in United Arab Emirates
“Decreases were in line with the expectations. Regarding supplies, producers appear to hold sufficient quota amounts. However, purchases have been slow since the year end book closures are approaching. When considering the weak buying interest and falling upstream costs, we believe that another round of decreases are very likely in the upcoming days,” he commented.
The distributor reported offers at $1590/ton for LDPE film, $1550-1570/ton for LLDPE film, $1560-1570/ton for HDPE film and at $1500-1520/ton for PP raffia and injection on CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets