Mid-month PVC announcements come higher in Egypt
A source from EPC reported issuing EGP200/ton ($26/ton) hikes on their prices at EGP8000/ton ($1049/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP8150/ton ($1069/ton) for k70 on an ex-Alexandria, cash inc VAT basis. “Our increase decision came in line with globally increasing PVC prices and tight supplies out of the US. At the moment, we still hold stocks, but due to our shutdown, which may last until mid-April, our availability is limited and we are only able to deliver limited quotas. Meanwhile, we see good demand for our cargoes,” he added.
On another note, the other local PVC producer TCI Sanmar also lifted their prices by EGP250/ton ($33/ton) to EGP8850/ton ($1055/ton without VAT) on ex-Port Said, cash inc VAT basis.
A source from the company said, “Given the firming PVC sentiment, we issued increases on our prices. At the moment, we hold sufficient quota amounts to deliver without any disruption to both our local and export destinations.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets