Mid-month PVC announcements come higher in Egypt
A source from EPC reported issuing EGP200/ton ($26/ton) hikes on their prices at EGP8000/ton ($1049/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP8150/ton ($1069/ton) for k70 on an ex-Alexandria, cash inc VAT basis. “Our increase decision came in line with globally increasing PVC prices and tight supplies out of the US. At the moment, we still hold stocks, but due to our shutdown, which may last until mid-April, our availability is limited and we are only able to deliver limited quotas. Meanwhile, we see good demand for our cargoes,” he added.
On another note, the other local PVC producer TCI Sanmar also lifted their prices by EGP250/ton ($33/ton) to EGP8850/ton ($1055/ton without VAT) on ex-Port Said, cash inc VAT basis.
A source from the company said, “Given the firming PVC sentiment, we issued increases on our prices. At the moment, we hold sufficient quota amounts to deliver without any disruption to both our local and export destinations.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high