Middle Eastern PE offers start to surface lower for Dec in Turkey
A source from a Middle Eastern producer reported, “We have achieved some sales with our regular customers during Plast Eurasia amid our limited allocations. Nonetheless, the year-end lull and adverse impact of the sharply lower lira has been weighing on trading activity in Turkey.”
Meanwhile, a Saudi Arabian PE supplier intends to return with $50/ton drops for the new month, said sources. Some players noted that a couple of producers intends to approach the market with rollovers initially, saying, “We don’t think sellers can achieve stable deals as the market has shifted down and financial woes may keep purchases on needs-only basis for a while more.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support