Middle Eastern PE prices continue to be announced to Egypt
“We lowered our prices in line with other Middle Eastern producers as we need to remain competitive in the market. Plus, decreasing oil prices are pushing down polymer prices. Our December allocations are at normal levels and we are offering up to $10/ton discounts for serious counter bids. However, we have not received any inquiries yet. Nevertheless, we think that December demand may perform better than November,” a company source commented.
The producer offers HDPE and LLDPE c4 film at a single level of $1500/ton on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets