Middle Eastern producer adjusts down November PP,PE to Egypt
Now, the producer has revised down their prices once again by $80/ton from their initial November announcement.
Prices were pegged at $1500/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE film, $1560/ton for LLDPE injection, $1570/ton for LDPE film, $1490/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection and $1460/ton for PP raffia and injection on CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A distributor who received the revised offer levels commented, “The producer’s decreases came on top of their $30/ton drops. We believe that the producers’ prices are now at normal levels. The producer has been lowering their prices since last month in order to be able to cope with the globally bearish trend. However, after the recent large adjustments, players panicked a bit and the purchases have slowed down due to the buyers’ increased cautiousness towards new purchases.”
When compared with prices at the end of October, the producer’s decrease amount mounted up to $110/ton and their homo-PP prices came in line with the Saudi range reported in a nearby market Turkey at around $1450/ton on CIF Turkey, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic