Middle Eastern producer adjusts down November PP,PE to Egypt
Now, the producer has revised down their prices once again by $80/ton from their initial November announcement.
Prices were pegged at $1500/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE film, $1560/ton for LLDPE injection, $1570/ton for LDPE film, $1490/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection and $1460/ton for PP raffia and injection on CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A distributor who received the revised offer levels commented, “The producer’s decreases came on top of their $30/ton drops. We believe that the producers’ prices are now at normal levels. The producer has been lowering their prices since last month in order to be able to cope with the globally bearish trend. However, after the recent large adjustments, players panicked a bit and the purchases have slowed down due to the buyers’ increased cautiousness towards new purchases.”
When compared with prices at the end of October, the producer’s decrease amount mounted up to $110/ton and their homo-PP prices came in line with the Saudi range reported in a nearby market Turkey at around $1450/ton on CIF Turkey, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe