Middle Eastern producer announces Feb PE prices to SEA
The producer raised its HDPE prices by $10/ton when compared to their latest levels, bringing their new offers to $1150/ton for HDPE blow moulding and HDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. Meanwhile, the producer elected to keep their LLDPE film offers stable at $1200/ton with the same terms.
A source from the producer reported that they initially tried to offer LLDPE with a $10/ton increase as well, but did not see any buying interest. Evaluating regional markets, the source commented, “Buying activities slowed down in Vietnam while demand is doing okay in Malaysia and Indonesia. We think the PE market will remain on a stable to firmer note after the Chinese New Year holidays. Prices cannot increase much since low supplies and weak demand from endusers will counterbalance each other.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia